Saturday, September 30, 2017

Discipline


















Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways” declares the Lord, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.   Isaiah 55:6-9
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.   Revelation 3:19-20
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.   Proverbs 14:12
once more You open my eyes,
once again You hold up the mirror
before my wretched and pitiful face,
revealing those things I cannot see on my own,
showing the conceit
of all my preconceived ideas,
humbling the lofty and haughty spirit
by which I have walked,
crushing the self-righteous throne
upon which I have sat,
deflating the egotistical vanity
living inside,
proving that You alone
know the hearts of men,
that You and You alone
have the right to judge;
that there are ways
which seem right to a man
but in the end lead to death;
forgive my selfish pride Lord,
have mercy upon my wicked ways,
guide my blinded eyes,
lead me down Your holy path,
use me for Your righteous will,
teach me Your perfect ways,
rebuke my errors and mistakes;
discipline me as a beloved son.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive