Monday, September 4, 2017

Gulf Shores, 9 Nov 2010
















in the morning
we walk the beach in silence,
hand in hand,
bathed in sunlight,
surrounded by a blue, cloudless sky,
waves lapping rhythmically,
hypnotic,
echoing the heartbeat of life;
this must be heaven;
images and words
flow like electric current,
“I should have brought something to write with,” I tell her,
“I’ve written an entire poem in my head
but I’ll never remember it.”
I’ve lost so many that way,
slipping through my fingers
like liquid glass;
gone forever;
we watch a pod of dolphins
fishing just off shore,
slowly breaking the surface,
bobbing and weaving,
the way it has been
for thousands of years,
the talk on the news is about
oil, economic crises and recovery,
but the dolphins don’t seem to care;
and neither do I.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive