Monday, September 4, 2017

All That Matters Now


























once I could do things
most people only dream of,
I could run with the wind,
move like a cat,
hit 90 mph fastballs,
I had strength,
I had power,
things most know
nothing about,
I took it for granted,
I thought it would last forever;
now it is all gone;
now I struggle just to move,
I fight for every breath,
I strain to hold on,
I live for the next meal,
my stomach aches with every bite,
I long for the past;
I search for a way out;
life is not fair,
it does not provide justice
one way or the other,
some have more,
some have less,
some have nothing at all;
there is no guarantee,
there is no certainty,
there is no balance;
life is an illusion;
it does not matter now,
it has come,
it has gone,
all that matters now
is what comes next;
all that matters now
is You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive