Saturday, September 9, 2017

Verdict
















What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.               Ecclesiastes 1:9
“This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.”    John 3:19
everyday I prepare for battle,
everyday I fight the fight,
some days I win,
some days I lose,
some days I barely
break even;
we talk of change,
we hope for a better way,
but at the end of the day
everything remains the same;
there is nothing new under the sun;
we are what we are
because we choose to be,
unable to be anything else,
shadows, disappearing with
the noon day sun,
fodder flailing in the wind,
failing and re-failing,
facsimiles wasting away
like rotting refuse;
guilty as charged;
where does it all end,
where does it all begin,
like a mighty, rolling river,
flowing from here to there,
without reason,
without rhyme;
where does it all end?
do not leave me here
in this land of dying corpses,
breathe new life into my lungs,
restore the light before my eyes,
pull me from this drowning world;
bring me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive