Sunday, January 7, 2018

Where You Are



















depravity never far away,
like a cancer it grows,
eating everything in its path,
destroying all that is good and true,
mocking righteousness,
laughing at suffering and misery,
hurling damning accusations,
enslaving victims in the decadence,
forever caught in the bondage of sin;
silence becomes a special friend,
isolation the weapon of choice,
dirty little secrets impossible to defend,
perversions and lusts hiding behind
flesh covered walls,
truth slowly disappears,
light gently fades,
years quietly roll by,
night steadily consumes the day;
the anger rises up,
fleshly imperfection takes hold,
then I remember You,
Your suffering and sacrifice,
the shame sets in,
the humility overwhelms;
I am so unworthy;
remove the darkness,
unlock the chains,
let the light come pouring in,
fill me with Your love,
hear the murmur of my crying heart,
lift me from this dry, lonesome grave,
have mercy on Your servant,
take me where You are.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive