Saturday, January 13, 2018

No More



















who sees these shadows,
who knows this hunger,
every word,
every thought,
every feeling;
inadequate;
the day is gone,
the night moves on,
bags all packed,
waiting for the final call;
like a cancer it grows,
this monster,
this disease,
this curse,
toxic,
poisonous,
deadly,
infecting everyone it touches,
destroying everything in its path,
if I could, I would end it today,
but once you go through that door,
there’s no going back, no return,
no tomorrow;
no more;
I’ve given in to food, to television,
to non-movement, to weight,
to health, to age, to time,
there is much I haven’t seen,
even more I will never know,
I understand this, I accept this,
there is nothing I can do about this,
it doesn’t matter,
I continue to rise,
I continue to breathe,
I continue to carry on;
I have no choice;
every day I rise,
every day I wait,
every day I wonder if
today is the day,
but it never is,
I am tired,
tired of the fight,
tired of the struggle,
tired of temporary victories,
tired of losing,
tired of the darkness;
I twist, I turn, I run, I hide;
I love her still.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive