Wednesday, January 10, 2018

this prison


















the breeze finally comes
in the dead of the night,
as the heat floats away
like the breath
of a slowly dying man,
his soul crying out
to flee from this prison
which has held it for so long,
in a world where it has
been forced to become that
which it never really was,
it’s only hope lying
in the chance it can survive
the destruction
of these prison walls,
returning to a world
where it once lived
at peace
within itself;
sleep comes hard
in this hopeless land of love as
thoughts of things said
echo throughout the silence,
remembering
places from the past
nearly forgotten
by this clever disguise
called life;
Your voice
calls out softly,
guiding me
along the way
and I try to listen
but it’s just so hard
when you know
it isn’t going to matter
because
it always turns out the same;
I wish
I could walk out
of this prison
in which I live,
discard it
like old clothes,
be free once more,
no restrictions,
no fear or rage,
only quiet, simple thought;
this prison
which holds me
to the earth,
this prison
that makes me crave
depravity,
this prison
in which I was born,
this prison
which has grown with me
but has never
let me grow.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive