Sunday, January 14, 2018

W.B. Yeats


























welcome old friend,
come in from the cold
and rest awhile,
I recognize your voice,
it is one I have heard
many times before,
the accent
was a little different
then
from what it is now,
but still
it is the same;
we have talked often
you and I,
during that soft
and painful transition
as I tried to hold on
to the dark and dying night
and you patiently waited
for the pale morning dawn,
tell me old friend,
have you found that precious
light of a new day
for which you waited
and searched
for so long?
ah well;
nor could I
hang onto the darkness,
but what difference does it make?
it is in the trying
that matters most,
you and I
were never born
to live in the black
or the white;
it is the cracks in between
where we belong.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive