Sunday, January 14, 2018

Kathleen


























the laughter rings in my ears,
silence covers the night like a
worn out lover, inviting everything
into its domain,
like flies in the spider’s web,
echoes of the past banging into
the walls of my mind;
who am I?
how did I get here?
I remember a road
on a dark starless night,
I remember your laughter,
I remember your scream,
I recall everything
which means nothing;
ah Kathleen,
your hair was like silk,
you smelled like the springtime flowers,
we were young,
we were lovers,
we were soul mates,
we traveled the road to Dublin
then you were gone,
I searched for you in the meadow
but you were not there,
I screamed out your name
but received no reply;
oh my Kathleen,
where have you gone?
time has no hold on our love,
our love was greater than time,
it was greater than life,
our love was endless,
timeless,
even death cannot keep me
from you;
remember the moon?
we watched it rise,
you saw the fairies
and called them out by name,
we danced till the new day sun
came out;
Kathleen,
where have you gone?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive