Saturday, January 13, 2018

Clay




















You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, “You did not make me”? Can the pot say to the potter, “You know nothing”?   Isaiah 29:16
spent all your life reaching
for a tomorrow that never came,
waiting for the storm to pass,
watching the tide turn,
wondering if it is enough,
hoping for just a little more,
coming to the realization;
this is all there is,
the best it will ever be;
I watch them from afar,
struggling, toiling,
making deals,
compromising with the darkness,
reaping the rewards;
I have tried to be like them,
reaching for a little more,
seeking the comfort,
searching for the security,
trying to find the peace;
weekends at the beach,
backyard pool parties,
family get-togethers;
it will never be;
You were there in the beginning,
You will be there in the end,
You give to whom You will,
You take from all You choose,
who am I to say otherwise;
You are the potter,
I am just the clay;
I may not have much,
but it is enough.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive