Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Bad Asses
















“I was glad I wasn’t in love, that I wasn’t happy with the world. I like being at odds with everything. People in love often become edgy, dangerous. They lose their sense of perspective. They lose their sense of humor. They become nervous, psychotic bores. They even become killers.” -Henry Chinaski, ‘Women’
“I’ve reached the point
where I want to throw out
all the shit, all the things
which aren’t important.,
I think for the first time
I want to try and
be happy” I told her;
she held my hand;
“it’s much easier
to be miserable in life
than to be happy,
to be happy requires
an effort, it requires
hard work” she said,
“it requires that you
take a risk;”
I knew she was right,
all the things
she had been through
as a child
had taught her this
better than I
or any teacher
ever could;
there are enough
bad asses in the world,
enough cruelty and darkness;
I am tired of
trying to be one.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive