Friday, June 27, 2014

Waiting

I am waiting;
searching for truth,
reading the words of fools,
listening to the voices
of liars and thieves;
I see their agendas,
I expose their hypocrisy,
I understand their fears;
there is no love,
there is no pity,
there is only judgment,
there is only condemnation;
and still,
I wait;
one more day,
one more minute,
one more breath,
passing by unnoticed,
unknown,
unheard;
clarity has no meaning,
in this land gone mad,
insanity replaces greed;
truth does not
give up her secrets
without a fight;
we have consumed
all there is,
we have taken
until there is nothing
left to take,
we have stolen our
children’s legacy,
we have sold
our grandchildren
to the highest bidder;
it is easy
to become part of the problem,
when there is no solution,
easy to let go,
when there is nothing
on which to hang;
I live in a world,
begging for redemption,
I live in a world,
searching for truth,
I live in a world,
dying in its own filth,
destroyed by its own wisdom,
caught up
in its own righteousness,
floating on its own
fantasy,
I live in a world,
blinded by its own
darkness,
afraid of its own fear.
look deep,
see that which no one sees,
reach out,
touch the night,
be one with the blackness;
I have survived so many setbacks,
I have moved past the letdowns
and disappointments;
what’s one more?
eventually nothing matters,
nothing is real,
it is all a fake,
it is all just another
days work,
nothing matters,
not me,
not you,
not today,
not tomorrow,
not the day,
not the night;
nothing;
I am waiting;
now I write for me,
not for you,
not for others,
not for popularity,
not for approval,
just me,
life’s little dramas
play out,
going round and round,
falling down,
sinking out of sight,
forever gone;
words are never enough,
thoughts can only go so far,
when left to their
own devices;
does anyone listen?
does anyone care?
once again,
I go into the darkness,
where madness rules
and hope lies still,
facing the night,
waiting for the dawn,
surviving the fear,
searching for the light;
does anyone listen?
does anyone care?
You are all there is,
You are more than enough,
You alone hold the keys,
You are all I need,
help me now,
hear my empty cry,
save me from the enemy
waiting just outside;
when the words won’t come,
it gets hard
down here,
in this lonely land of the dead,
where everything
is not what it seems,
as faces come and go,
and truth lies hidden
among the lost and fallen;
for the first time,
it feels like the end;
I am waiting.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive