Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Vanities and Vexation

I hear the words being said,
I listen to the songs being played,
I watch the drama unfold,
and in them all are the words
of men,
in them all are vanities and vexation;
I who deserve nothing,
I who have disappointed and
fallen short time after time,
I who have lied and cheated,
without reservation or fear,
come before Your throne
with nothing to offer,
seeking forgiveness,
through Your mercy and grace;
all my words,
all my thoughts,
all my ideas,
are but vanities and vexation,
imaginations of the heart,
whose time has come and gone,
like the moment in which they live,
fit for nothing but the dust,
from whence they came;
O mighty Lord,
lead me by Your light,
guide me by Your voice,
fill me with Your words,
let me live by Your grace alone;
though I have the praises of men,
though I have the honor of the world,
without the joy of pleasing You,
it would be as nothing;
Your will is all I want,
Your approval is all I need,
it is the desire of my heart,
it is the center of my dream,
it is the glory of my vision.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive