Sunday, June 8, 2014

Let Me Belong To You

The Darkness:
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!   Matthew 6:13

The Light:
For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.   2 Samuel 22:29
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.   Isaiah 9:2
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.   John 8:12
I am done with darkness,
done with it’s misery and suffering,
done trying to live in it,
trying to be a friend of it,
trying to understand it,
trying to please it,
being afraid of it;
I am done with darkness;
let me live in Your light,
let me grow in Your love,
let me rejoice in Your mercy and grace,
let me be a lamp set upon a hill,
let me have the light of life;
let me belong to You;
so many have lost hope,
sitting trapped in self-made prisons
of darkness and despair,
searching for false truths
and solutions leading nowhere,
depending on man-made answers and
inventions of their own minds;
let me belong to You;
You are the truth,
You are the light;
You are the Way.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive