Sunday, January 12, 2014

Missing

it has been less than a day
and I miss my child already;
I miss the security,
I miss the control,
now there is no margin,
no haven
sitting safely
inside the passing storm,
as if it had a soul
all it’s own,
and it was mine,
a kind of religion,
an almost god,
lost forever to the ravages
of time and reality;
plastic pretenders
inflate the ego,
warm the soul,
bring comfort
in a make-believe world,
fight off the inevitable,
which arrives
right on schedule,
just as you knew
it always would,
but yet secretly hoped
wouldn’t;
hunger feeds the soul,
or so they say,
well at least you say,
as the thought
pops into your head
like a fresh new
piece of toast
(with butter);
I miss my plastic,
I miss my child,
I miss my soul,
I miss my life.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive