Monday, January 20, 2014

"I Knows Shugah"

over the weekend
my woman and I
drove out into the bayou,
to this little parish town
she knew about,
where some Cajun thing
was going on,
her charm and smile
got us in,
if it had been just me
I would have been chopped up
and thrown into the swamp
for gator bait;
but with her
I was ok;
we had a great time,
squishing crawdads,
then sucking the juice
out of their heads,
as zydeco music
played in the background,
we drank warm beer
and danced late into the night,
I tried to act cool
and indifferent,
but by the end of it all
I was dos-e-doing
with the best of em;
on the ride home
she sat next to me,
with her head on my shoulder
and her hand resting lightly
on my crotch,
the stars
shining brightly
in the sky
overhead;
“oooooh weeee bebeeee,
I luvs you more dan ze moon” I said
in my best Cajun accent,
she just smiled
and said;
“I knows shugah,
I knows.”
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive