Saturday, April 22, 2017

Walking Through the Valley



















The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.   Psalm 23:1-6
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.   Ephesians 6:12
once again,
I enter this dark place,
this cold, empty, deserted place,
this place from which most
never return,
my enemies wait outside,
gloating over the misery,
laughing within at the naivety,
mocking from afar,
standing firm in their ‘moral’
and ‘intellectual’ superiority,
waiting for the fall;
once again,
You stand by my side,
letting me know You
will always be there,
helping me to rise when
so many others would not,
softly reminding me that
I never have anything to fear;
“Don’t be afraid, just believe”
once again,
You prepare me for
a battle most will
never see,
in a war that
rages continuously,
around everyone
and everything,
rescuing me from places
which no man could overcome;
teaching me that through You

I can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive