Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Battle Stations




















down here,
in the ice cold deep,
we play a game,
which is supposed to be deadly serious,
but which nobody takes too seriously,
otherwise,
it could be deadly;
so we compromise,
and try to sleep it off,
but some still insist
on playing the game,
so we play,
and most of the time
we lose,
not that we really lose,
otherwise,
we’d all be lost,
and then
there would be nobody
to play the game,
and the game
has to be played,
otherwise,
it wouldn’t be a game,
it would be real,
and politicians would panic,
and press little red buttons,
out of fear of losing
something which only they
have to fear;
because nobody else
has anything to lose;
oh alright,
I’ll wakeup,
yes, I’ll play the game today,
but I won’t play much longer,
so use me while you can,
because soon enough,
I’ll be using you
to play the game
for me,
so I can sleep at night,
and not dream
about little red buttons;
will somebody
please cut out
that annoying alarm!
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive