Sunday, April 23, 2017

Tired



















we live in a world of make-believe,
where fantasy rules and anything goes,
with death only a video game away,
where might makes right,
where self-indulgence and pleasure rule;
I am tired;
I am tired of games and pretending,
I am tired of rude, obnoxious individuals,
I am tired of pampered, spoiled children,
I am tired of being in pain,
I am tired of sleepless nights,
I am tired of worn out dreams,
I am tired of struggling and toiling,
I am tired of writing meaningless words
that no one will hear;
I am tired;
my body is failing,
my soul is sinking deeper into oblivion,
my breath becomes fouled and labored,
I want to be part of the sleep process,
I want to dream forever,
I want to bathe in the light,
surrounded by 10,000 angelic voices,
I want to belong to Him;
who hears my voice?
who knows the turmoil building within?
who understands the darkness
descending upon this land?
who sees the futility of this life
without God?
I am tired.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive