Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sifted


























“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”   Luke 22:31-32
another feeling,
another emotion,
another disappointment,
another lie;
I no longer know,
who or what I am,
I no longer see,
where I belong,
or where I need to be;
the darkness grows,
swallowing everything
in its path;
I can deny myself,
but I cannot deny You,
I can run from everything
and everyone,
but I cannot run from You;
everything I know,
falls away,
everything I am,
becomes less,
everywhere I go,
is nowhere;
there is nothing
without You;
like a light shining
in the night,
You lead me back,
guiding my steps,
restoring the hope,
calming the storm,
providing the only
reassurance I will
ever need;
there is nothing
without You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive