Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Home


























we hide inside these houses,
dreaming of the tomorrows,
imagining the possibilities,
running from the darkness,
mystified by the mystery,
trapped within the illusion,
waiting for the destination;
forever seeing,
but never knowing;
forever hearing,
but never understanding;
if it were up to me,
I would stay in this place,
seeking shelter from the storm,
swallowed up by the myth,
drowning in the depths,
growing cold from the emptiness,
guarding Your truth
like a rare and precious jewel,
but Your grace knows better;
Your will demands more;
I am searching for my home,
but I don’t know how to get there,
so I quietly wait in the wilderness,
running from the ghosts,
hiding from the demons,
praying for a tomorrow;
my home is neither here nor there,
not ahead or behind,
not without or within,
my home is in a land far away,
a whisper on the howling wind,
a flicker in the candlelight glow;
close your eyes and it is forever gone;
my home is nothing,
my home is everything,
my home is all there is.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive