Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ours to Choose






















“Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” Revelation 7:16-17
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
I have found a home here,
for good or for bad,
for better or for worse,
it may not be much,
but it is mine;
I sit on my porch,
I feel the warm sun
on my face,
I look at the mountains,
I listen to the crows;
this is my home now;
it’s all there is,
it’s all I need,
it’s all there ever
will be;
I do not know how
much longer it will last,
it is beyond my control,
it is out of my hands,
but I will rest here,
for as long as I can;
I am tired of who is right,
who is wrong,
choosing sides,
blaming one,
justifying another;
we are all wrong,
we are all to blame;
you,
me,
them,
‘those people;’
we are all liars,
murderers,
thieves,
cheats,
hypocrites;
it is in our blood,
it is our dna,
it is who we are,
it is what we will be;
we are all
something less;
there is no wrong side,
no right side,
there is only self-righteousness
and arrogance,
or mercy and grace,
our will,
or God’s will;
it is for us to choose;
now there is weeping,
now there is anger,
now there is fear,
but soon enough it will be
no more,
the shadows will fade,
the misery will no longer exist,
the sadness will turn to joy
the darkness into light,
the tears will all be
wiped away;
we will be home at last.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive