Friday, November 8, 2013

The Hard Way

It was a hot day today,
humid and sticky,
the lawn needs to be mowed;
it can wait;
I hate yard work,
I always have,
if it was up to me,
(and if I could afford it),
I’d have the whole damn lawn
covered in asphalt,
or better yet,
I’d live in some
maintenance-free condo;
I always wait
until it’s just about too late,
when the grass is so high
the mower can barely
cut it down,
but in the end
it always gets cut,
just like in the end,
I always do the right thing,
it’s just the way I am;
but I like to push it
right to the limit;
she called today,
I didn't know what to say
so I didn't say much,
she cried,
I felt bad,
I don’t think she’ll
call again;
another one
who found out the hard way;
maybe it won’t rain all summer,
and the grass will dry up and die;
so I’ll never have to cut it again.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive