Monday, November 4, 2013

Agendas

Sometimes it becomes hard
separating friends from foes,
good intentions from bad;
truth from lies;
in a world ruled by flesh,
humility is sometimes
replaced by pride,
issues clouded by agendas,
clarity overcome by confusion,
egotism and self-glorification,
hidden within the face of love;
You have witnessed it all;
every dark, angry thought,
every sinister, evil plot,
every treacherous betrayal,
every late night denial;
remaining silent at the accusations,
withstanding the pain and lies,
loving when there was no love in return,
giving when there was nothing left to give,
forgiving when you had every right to hate,
walking the path
that no one else could;
sacrificing Yourself
for the sake of the whole world;
Lord, I have nothing worthy of You,
I am but filthy rags in Your presence,
fit only for death and destruction,
Your love goes beyond my comprehension,
Your mercy more than I could ever deserve,
help me to forgive those with selfish motives
and hidden agendas,
help me to love those who do not
deserve my love;
help me to be like You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive