Monday, November 11, 2013

Battle Stations

down here,
in the ice cold deep,
we play a game
which is supposed to be
deadly serious,
but which nobody takes
too seriously,
otherwise,
it could be deadly,
so we compromise,
and try to sleep it off,
but some still insist
on playing the game,
so we play,
and most of the time
we lose,
not that we really lose,
otherwise
we’d all be lost,
and then
there would be nobody
to play the game,
and the game
has to be played,
otherwise
it wouldn't be a game,
it would be real,
and politicians would panic,
pressing little red buttons
out of fear of losing
something which only they
have to fear losing,
because everyone else
has nothing to lose;
oh alright!
I’ll wake-up!
Yes, I’ll play the game today,
hold on to your poopie suit,
but I won’t play much longer,
so use me while you can,
because soon
I’ll be using you
to play the game
for me,
so I can sleep at night
and not dream
about little red buttons;
will somebody
please cut out
that annoying,
snickering alarm.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive