Thursday, November 14, 2013

Down The Road Where You Lead

Amidst the lost and lonely emptiness
of this long cold night,
I search for Your wonderful presence,
throughout the constant
bombardment and battering
of the enemies cruel and
vicious attacks,
I cry out for You;
O Lord,
be real within my mind and heart,
do not be distant and far away,
reach out Your mighty hand,
bring forth Your glorious
mercy and grace,
show Your servant blessed favor;
silence the careless words
of anger and hurt,
rolling off my venomous tongue,
remove the thoughts of evil and lust
clouding my flesh-driven mind,
pull me from this iniquity and filth
I find myself drowning in;
I can’t make it any other way,
I have tried so many times before;
I have searched for so very long,
I have walked in darkness all my life;
You are the only answer,
You are the only truth,
You are the only light,
You are the only way;
save me Lord,
heal my broken spirit,
shelter me from the
gathering storm,
guide my every step,
fill me with Your perfect love,
teach me Your righteous
and holy ways;
remove anything
not of You;
I will travel
down the road where
You lead,
Yours is the face
I will seek,
for all of my days.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive