Sunday, November 26, 2017

not a clue



















I have been at the top,
I have been on the bottom,
I have been every place
in between;
so don’t judge or condemn,
don’t assume you know
who I am;
you haven’t got a clue;
forever two steps ahead,
continually one step behind,
the days come,
the days go,
while the nighttime hides
within gathering midnight
shadows
and still you remain
on my mind;
you haven’t got a clue;
I have tasted the suffering
of tomorrow,
I have known the misery of
one more day,
I have been where you can
never be,
I have seen the gathering dawn
as it silently waits for
the privileged few,
I have heard the sound of nothing
as it calls out for more;
you haven’t got a clue.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive