Sunday, November 5, 2017

Last Call



















finally she has seen me
bare and naked,
my soul stripped clean
of all barriers and pretenses,
holding me in her arms
like a child,
precious and dear,
and for the very first time
I am ready to give it all,
no holding back,
no deceptive lies and tricks,
realizing that which I have been seeking
my entire life has been there in front of me
the whole time and that
I really can have it all
if I can just hold on hard enough,
long enough;
I spoke no words for fear
they would get in the way
as they have so many times before,
I think I told her more
than I ever have before;
I came to the realization that with her
I can make it through this terrible life
with all its inadequacies and inconsistencies,
that I am more in her arms
than I could ever be outside of them;
time is running out,
so many years have gone by
worn and wasted,
but it really doesn’t matter,
now that I have found her,
now that she has seen who I really am,
no mask in place,
as she holds me in her arms and
the barkeeper living inside
yells out;
“Last Call!”
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive