Monday, November 20, 2017

Forever Gone



















last night I was ready to die;
we are all terminal
waiting for a final diagnosis,
transients living transitory lives,
making temporary arrangements
in a temporary world,
deciding on choices and decisions
which fade like the early morning mist;
the choice is not ours;
this is not the life
I wanted it to be,
not the man
I thought I would be,
not the person I pretend to be,
some unknown creature,
lost and far away,
surrounded by unseen chains and bars;
the past
forever gone;
the pain grows deeper,
the suffering more intense,
nighttime darkness closes in,
silence quietly returns,
doors close without mercy;
we reap what we sow;
searching for a Way,
trusting in the Truth,
waiting for the Light,
today a new day dawned,
the evil dying or dead,
You have restored all that was lost,
once more You pull me from this
prison of self-absorption;
the misery
forever gone.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive