Monday, November 27, 2017

39 years




























39 years ago
39 years ago
we began a journey,
neither of us knowing
where it would lead;
together we have shared the good
while surviving the bad,
crossing lines and barriers
until I no longer know
where you begin
and I end;
you have shown me tomorrows
all the time withstanding
the yesterdays,
and for this
I will love you forever.
_______________________________________________
A Dime A Dozen

there are many things
I want to say to her,
I want to tell her I am sorry
for the pain
I have put her through
time after time,
for the love I have thrown away
again and again,
for the life I stole from her
so many years ago;
so many things;
but I have said them all before,
only to rip her heart out and
smash it on the
stone cold ground;
so I don’t;
I always mean every word I say
at the moment it is said,
but then the hunger returns,
the lies begin and she is left
somewhere in the middle,
holding on to broken promises
and shattered dreams
as I try to pick up all the pieces and
put them back together again
before it is too late;
there are many things
I want to say to you baby
but I know I probably never will,
because words are a
dime a dozen,
and with me
they aren’t worth the paper
they are written on.
_________________________________________________
than you
I have written many things in my life,
thought many thoughts,
fantasized many fantasies,
dreamed many dreams,
but none of them
are more important
than you;
I have written of imaginary lovers
and foolish ideas
all of which seemed so important
but were nothing,
nothing at all,
compared to the love
that we share,
you are the reality
which has kept me holding on
for more years
than I can remember,
yours is the touch
I long to feel,
the voice
I long to hear
at the end of the day,
when nothing seems real,
when nothing is true,
as all the thoughts and ideas
go drifting away
like smoke
from a burning campfire,
you are the part of me
I can never let go
no matter how hard
this need to destroy
everything that I touch
has tried;
there is no one
I would rather be with
than you.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive