Saturday, November 4, 2017

everyday



“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6:25-27
“Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” Matthew 10:39
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:15-16
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35
some hold on a little
longer,
some a little less,
eventually,
the sun does set
on us all;
God is no respecter
of persons;
I think about all the
missed opportunities,
all the special individuals,
all the moments which
slipped through my fingers,
the chances to tell them
how very unique they were,
how much I loved them,
but the time came and went;
now they are gone;
everyday I wait for freedom,
everyday I hang on for tomorrow,
everyday I fight the battle,
everyday I lose the war;
life is not about happiness and joy,
not about self-discovery,
not about self-satisfaction or
self-motivation,
not about any kind of self
at all;
life is about love
and forgiveness,
doing unto others
as you would have them
do unto you,
coming to the
realization that we all have
fallen short,
that none of us are going
to escape on our own,
about loving God
with all your mind and
heart;
everyday I wait for freedom,
everyday I hang on for tomorrow,
everyday I fight the battle,
everyday I lose the war.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive