Monday, November 6, 2017

Consumption


















I am slowly being consumed,
dying a little bit more
everyday;
anger,
bitterness,
hatred,
darkness;
as I wonder
who is listening,
and who is only
pretending;
I have nothing left to say,
everything has been said,
I cannot make people listen,
I have done all I can do,
on my own I can do nothing,
nothing at all;
the past moves on,
quietly becoming no more;
the misery,
the suffering,
the struggling;
everything changes,
everything fades;
even this;
they watch from afar,
waiting for the destruction,
carried on by the wind,
glowing with the anticipation;
there is no beginning,
there is no return;
farther along,
somewhere down the line,
deeper into the divide,
shattered by the consumption,
confusion spreads it’s mighty tongue,
buried deep within the confines
of this burned out refuge,
where even the echoes
become silent,
these lines to nowhere,
these forgotten denizens;
when do you fall?
I have come to a crossroad,
I can no longer find goodness
in people,
I see only hidden agendas,
greed,
self-righteousness;
we are all failed,
we are all ravenous dogs,
we are all hypocrites;
all our noble deeds,
all our false concerns,
simply a show
to make us feel
good about ourselves;
in You I cling to one last hope,
in You I still see the potential,
in You I have been redeemed.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive