Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Bearded Man


























Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.   Revelation 3:19-20
I dream of far away places,
sitting in the sun,
blue skies and bright clouds,
floating softly overhead,
birds singing sweetly,
mighty rivers flowing
gently by;
then;
the dying monster
reaches out.
dragging me back down
into his pit;
he does not want
to die alone;
smiling,
he stares serenely into my eyes,
then pats my head,
like the obedient dog
that I am;
“you have come far my jaded son,
walk with me just a little while longer,
and to you shall I give everything,
in all its dark and blackened
glory”;
and if you listen hard,
you can hear the buzzing
of ten billion ravenous flies,
coming to feast on all that is
or ever will be;
“the earth shall be rid of flesh,
freeing our rotting souls,
from these prison walls
forever”



the bearded man
paid a visit last night,
silently staring into the future,
he never said a word,
but the stench hanging in the air,
smelled of fear
and death;

I awoke
in a pool
of sweat
and terror
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive