Thursday, March 10, 2016

Looking in the Mirror





















woke up last night,
felt like I‘d been asleep for days,
looked at my clock and,
only a few minutes had passed by;
sometimes even the truth,
is too hard to bear,
but we are what we are,
and that’s a natural fact,
as inescapable as the morning sun;
sooner or later this road,
always leads back to here;
I’ve been to the end and back,
but it doesn’t mean a thing,
because it always come down to this,
and it sometimes makes me wonder,
what the point really is,
when it just goes round and round;
I like things that are real,
Bukowski, Hooker,
things which are natural,
like wolves and Native Americans;
I hate smooth talking poets
and slick playing musicians,
things which pass themselves off
as the real deal;
when they are not;
perhaps this is the reason why
I’ve never learned to like myself?
.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive