Sunday, March 27, 2016

In The Morning





















On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” Then they remembered his words.   Luke 24:1-8
in the morning,
I remember a simpler time,
a sweeter life,
warm Florida mornings,
air so pure, you could taste
the promise with every breath;
but none of it compares
with You;
who can speak of Your
wondrous glory and light?
what words can describe
the magnitude of Your
mercy and grace?
what sounds may be uttered,
that reflect the majesty
of Your perfect love?
rain Your spirit down on me,
open my mind and eyes,
illuminate my soul,
let me find the words which
glorify Your holy name;
lead me when I am blind,
remind me when I forget,
show me that without You,
I am lost;
without You,
I can do nothing at all;
restore the joy,
remove the darkness,
heal the damage,
open my eyes,
fill me with Your love,
let me shine with Your light;
bring me home
to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive