Thursday, March 10, 2016

dead poets tell no tales






















sometimes it is easier
this way;
alone with dead poets
and other
night time creatures;
she lingers on,
for a moment past the dawn,
stroking softly and gently,
warm and sweet,
allowing you to drink
from her soul,
in exchange for small
bodily secretions,
but then she is gone;
like a butterfly in the wind;
just when you start to become
full of yourself,
like a barroom crapper,
on a hot summer night,
you remember the old man’s words;
‘fuck it kid,
just fuck it all;’
don’t be so damned concerned,
about clarity or understanding,
just pull the hammer back
and let them have it;
both barrels at once;
I don’t need any of this shit,
I got bukowski for fatherly advice,
and dickinson to stroke my cock;
what the hell do I need any of this shit for?
why do I need anything at all?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive