Saturday, March 19, 2016

Kathleen











the laughter rings in my ears,
the silence covers the night,
like a worn out lover,
inviting everything into its domain,
like flies, in the spider’s web;
echoes of the past,
banging into the walls of my mind,
who am I? how did I get here?
I remember a road,
on a dark starless night,
I remember your laughter,
I remember your scream,
I recall everything,
which means nothing;
ah Kathleen,
your hair was like silk,
you smelled of springtime flowers,
we were young,
we were lovers,
we were soul mates,
we traveled the road to Dublin,
then you were gone,
I searched for you in the meadow,
but you were not there,
I screamed out your name,
but received no reply;
oh my Kathleen,
where have you gone?
time has no hold on our love,
our love was greater than time,
it was greater than life,
our love was endless,
timeless;
even death cannot keep me from you;
remember the moon?
we watched it rise,
you saw the fairies,
and called them out by name,
we danced till the new day sun
came out;
Kathleen,
where have you gone?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive