Thursday, March 10, 2016

keeping an eye on you





I had my bar dream
the other night,
only this time
it was a little different;
it started out the same,
same old rundown,
dimly lit,
hole in the wall bar,
with the same lowdown,
rundown,
shady characters,
sitting around drinking
god knows what;
I have this dream
quite often,
and it always seems
as if I am finally
at home,
sitting on the barstool
with all the other
losers,
but like I said,
last night
was a little different;
this guy walked by
who seemed familiar,
“bukowski?”, I asked,
he stopped and nodded
and we started talking,
I told him he was the greatest,
which he took in stride,
I’m sure he had heard it
all before;
he wasn’t anything
like I expected him to be;
very polite
and well mannered;
when I commented on it
he just smiled and said;
“don’t believe everything you read kid,
especially if I wrote it;”
then he said,
“I’ll be keeping an eye on you;”
Later,
when I had been awake
for several hours,
I thought;
keeping an eye on me?
what the hell did he mean
by that?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive