Monday, June 15, 2015

"I knows Shugah"



















over the weekend, we
drove out into the bayou,
to this little parish town
she knew about,
where some Cajun thing
was going on,
her charm and smile
got us in,
if it had been just me,
we would have been chopped up
and thrown into the swamps
for gator bait;
but with her
we were ok;
we had a great time,
squishing crawdads
then sucking the juice
out of their heads,
as zydeco music
played in the background,
drinking warm beer
and dancing late into the night,
I tried to act cool and indifferent,
but by the end of it all,
I was dos-e-doeing with the
best of em;
on the ride home,
she sat next to me,
her head on my shoulder,
her hand resting lightly on my crotch,
the stars shining brightly,
in the sky overhead;
“oooooh weeee bebeeee,” I say
in my best Cajun accent,
“I luvs you more dan ze moon,”
she just smiles,
putting her head on my chest;
“I knows shugah,
I knows.”
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive