Thursday, November 24, 2011

Unconditionally

Thank you,
for all that you have given to me,
for so many early morning sunrises,
for healthy babies,
for shining smiles on my daughter’s faces,
for my grandson’s enthusiasm and innocent laughter,
for moments of tender love making
when my wife and I became one,
for cold dark nights,
for warm ocean days
and endless boardwalk summers,
for memories of Hawaiian winds swirling in my face,
for turkey gizzards and Christmas mornings,
for homeruns and touchdown runs,
for my daughter’s warrior spirit,
for a world so wonderful
yet so terrible and mysterious;

for Aunt Do.

Thank you,
for all that is good,
for all that is light,
for all that is evil,
for the darkness
of the eternal night.

Thank you
for all these things
and so much more,
for giving them freely,
for giving them completely,
for giving them;

unconditionally.

(Thank You)
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive