Monday, November 21, 2011

DOR

Early morning sunshine,
green shades of youth,
I remember your energy,
I remember your voice,
it was the voice
of fresh new rain,
it was the energy of life itself;

it was all I heard
it was all I needed.

Then suddenly you were gone,
and everything was different,
the darkness gave way to new light,
springtime breeze smelled like an old
and trusted friend,
silence filled the space where you once lived,
I searched for so long without knowing,
lost in this fog swirling inside,
only the memory of a touch,
an echo of your voice,
so ridiculous,
so hopeless;

and what did it matter?

words never changed one thing,
what will be will be,
our lives nothing without each other,
meaningless without the memories,
in the end we became
our own god and goddess,
forever linked;

I remember now.

The old man looks so hard,
silently watching as life passes by,
moving so fast without a glance,
suddenly gone,
the power no longer there,
he silently returns
to sweeping the sidewalk,
just a fleeting moment;

a blink of the eye.

I hear your voice,
I feel you in the darkness,
I hold you in the night,
your energy fills me up,
I don’t care anymore,
I only want you,
I have traveled so far,
you are so close,
I can smell your freshness
like a new mowed meadow,
nothing matters,
they can take it all,
nothing matters
but you;

I give you all I have.

She searches
for a home to call her own,
with a wisdom
beyond her tender years,
in a life filled with dreams
and broken promises,
she fights back the tears.

I hold her in my arms
as demons give chase throughout
the long cold night,
softly kissing her sweet face
until the early morning light,
I have loved her soul
from the beginning of time,
I have loved her face
forever.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive