Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Everything

Help me to stand O Lord,
at the foot of Your glorious throne,
lead me down paths of righteousness,
teach me Your sacred and holy ways,
shelter me from the enemy
silently waiting outside,
raise me up above this chaos and confusion,
remove the anger and turmoil
living deep within my troubled soul,
defeat the lusts and perversions
quietly lurking inside my weakened flesh,
deliver me from the evil
surrounding my every side;

let me take refuge in You O Lord.

Silence the iniquity and filth
spewing from my foolish tongue,
let every word from my lips
bring praise to Your precious name,
let Your mercy and grace
flow like a mighty river;

fill me with Your unspeakable love.

Use this humble vessel my Lord,
to declare Your magnificent splendor,
let Your magnificent light shine
like a beacon upon a hill.

When the alluring nighttime darkness,
provocatively beckons my searching soul,
You are there softly calling out,
showing me the way home,
leading me back into Your waiting arms.

Without You all the words are dead,
without You there is no light,
without You there is no tomorrow,
without You there is no hope.

You are my truth,
You are my breath,
You are my life;

You are my everything.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive