Sunday, November 13, 2011

Storybooks

It has been a long time,
and many changes in between,
so many worn out words
that we really didn’t mean,
there have been others,
some that I loved more,
but I never gave up hope,
that someday you would
come knocking on my door;

and you may say
I’m not the person
I once used to be,
but I am who I always was,
this is just the person
you could never see.

Sometimes I think of how things
could have been,
but we never could’ve gone very far,
you travel the roads of this world,
while I was born to ride a star,
and for now you may laugh
at these words you don’t understand,
but in time will be revealed
the rock lying beneath this sand,
think of me then and know,
that if I could, our lives would be changed,
but like two actors up on a stage
the roles we play were already pre-arranged.

You and I were nothing but storybooks
from which we both could learn,
going our separate ways
when there were no more pages
left to turn.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive