Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vapor

This life is but a thin cloud of vapor,
disappearing before our blinded eyes,
lingering within golden rays of light,
forever hidden inside the hopeless lies;

truth is meaningless without You.

Gently beckoning,
the voices quietly call,
swallowed up by the mystery,
vanishing into these shadows
living within us all;

with You I am not afraid.

Traveling through this endless night,
we can never be the same,
like stars disappearing out of sight,
we can never escape the blame,
monsters of our own doing,
followers of the broken and lost,
creations of false expectations,
we continue to pay the cost;

only You can save us now.

Like forgotten memories we fade,
never to rise again,
not knowing where we’re going,
unaware of where we’ve been,
empty shells grown cold,
silently screaming at the madness
lurking deep within;

every hair is numbered,
not a sparrow falls without Your will;

I am ready.

Once again I fail,
once more You pick me up,
once again I stumble and disappoint,
once more You patiently wait;

all I’ll ever need is You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive