Sunday, March 27, 2011

Doctrine

That if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trust in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:9-13


So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation: the one who trusts will never be dismayed.” Isaiah 28:16

And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls. Joel 2:32

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”    Luke 23:39-43

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay own his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.   John 15: 12-17

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.   II Timothy 4:3

Total sanctification,
speaking in tongues,
baptism,
special discernment,
gifts of the spirit,
mysterious new doctrines,
emotional roller coaster rides,
puffed-up words
that fade with the dust,
self-declared knowledge,
man-made wisdom and
vanities of the heart;

one truth,
one Lord,
one kingdom;

in the end,
all that will be left
is love.

“I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

For now we see with imperfection,
peering through a fog shrouded mist,
unable to find complete clarity or understanding,
one day the fog will roll away,
the doubt will be removed,
we shall see through eyes of perfection,
we shall know perfect truth;

we shall experience perfect love.

Lord I am so unworthy,
I am so inadequate,
go away from me
for I am a sinful man,
tear out my sin-filled eyes,
burn my lips and tongue
with hot burning coals,
let the whole world be silent
before Your magnificent
and holy presence,
let every knee bow,
let every heart confess,
that You and You alone
are Lord and King;

that to You
and You alone
does all glory belong.

Lord, let me escape false teachers
who no longer follow sound doctrine,
rabid dogs who know not truth
nor allow others to follow its path,
fading mists speaking vain words
for itching ears to hear,
let me walk in Your light,
let me live in Your love,
let Your will be done

forever.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive