Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All I Ever Need

Change my heart O Lord,
remove the darkness lurking within,
take away this lonely emptiness,
save me as only You can.

I know the inadequacies,
I feel the uncertainty and doubt,
I try to hide the incompetence,
I hear the rage scream and shout.

Inside I am as dry bones,
my voice broken and unheard,
my skin burns with unquenchable fire,
my spirit longs for Your Holy word.

Open my eyes O Lord,
reach out Your mighty hand,
remove the temptations of this flesh,
help my carnal mind to understand.

Allow me to overcome
all which keeps us apart,
deliver me from evil,
purify my wounded heart.

Heal my broken soul,
cleanse my every thought,
sanctify every motive,
by Your precious blood have I been bought.

Fill me with Your love,
walk with me for all my days,
teach me Your discipline
show me Your righteous ways.

You are where I want to be,
Yours is the voice I long to hear,
Your love is all I need,
with You I will not worry or fear.

Without You I am nothing,
with You I have all I will ever need,
You are my Savior and King,
through You I have been forever freed.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive