Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Hard Path/Psalm 23

It would be easy now
to give in to the hate,
pick up the cause,
rally around the cry,
join in the fight;

the injustice,
the hypocrisy,
the inequity,

so easy to hate.

Much harder to love,
forgiving the trespasses,
putting down the ego,
swallowing the pride.

You did,
letting them lead You to death,
despite having done no wrong,
allowing the mockery,
the suffering,
the humiliation,
the separation;

out of love.

I am trying Lord,
it tears at my insides,
it goes against
everything this world
has taught me;

but for You
I am trying.

Fill me with Your spirit,
be my shepherd,
remove the want,
make me lie down in green pastures,
lead me beside still waters,
restore my soul,
lead me in paths of righteousness
for Your names sake,
even though I walk through this valley
filled with the shadow of death
I will not fear evil,
for You are with me,
Your rod and staff comfort me,
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies
You anoint my head with oil,
my cup overflows,
surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
for all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in Your
wondrous house

forever.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive