Friday, March 25, 2011

Nancy Wagner

When I was younger, I was going through a particularly hard time in life. I was drinking rather heavily and wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue down the path it seemed I had taken. One night I wandered into this little club in Orlando, drunk and very depressed, and watched this beautiful, young singer perform. She was like a breath of fresh air when I wasn’t sure I would ever breathe again. I went back and watched this angel sing several more times and gradually found the strength to continue on with life, but I’m not sure if I could have if it were not for the comfort and strength I received from her music. Later I wrote about that experience. Many years later I stumbled across this artist completely by accident and became friends with her, discovering that she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Nancy, this is for you, I know you have no idea about the ways your music touches people and moves them, but it does, thank you for being you.


Nancy Wagner

When you pass thru life alone,
traveling at twice the speed of sound,
sometimes you forget how much it hurts
to come crashing too the ground,
when you travel the lonely highway,
one face looks like all the rest,
and feelings are but faded memories
locked safely in their hollow chest.

You opened that chest
through the beauty of your song,
arousing the passion
which had laid sleeping for so long,
bringing soothing warmth
to a heart grown cold,
slowly turned to ice
by the pain it could not hold.

If I could take you back,
I’d show you where I’ve been,
but I’ve come down this road too far
to ever go back that way again;

so sing on gentle lady,
sing on into the night,
give me a little more strength
to face the morning light.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive