Sunday, March 27, 2011

One Flesh

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.    Gen 2:24


“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ’made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become on flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”    Matthew 19:4-6


Has not the LORD, made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. “I hate divorce,” says the LORD God of Israel. “and I hate a man’s covering himself with violence as well as with his garment,” says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.   Malachi 2:15-16

What began so small
has become so great,
what once was two
has been joined as one;

one love,
one life,
one truth,
one flesh.

You are the one
my heart desires,
you are the one
who makes me whole,
when you laugh I laugh,
when you cry I cry,
without you I would be lost,
without you I would be alone,
without you I would be incomplete.

No one but you and I
understand this great and magnificent miracle,
this deep and hidden mystery
that our life has truly been,
a beautiful, wondrous, blessing of God
for which I give continual thanks;

what God has joined together
let no one put asunder,
as it was in the beginning
so shall it be in the end.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive