Saturday, August 19, 2017

One Perfect Thing














I have spent an entire lifetime
trying to write
just one perfect thing;
sometimes I wonder
if it is ever going to happen;
here I am no closer to perfection
than I was back then,
but still I continue the search,
occasionally saying ENOUGH!!!!!!
ENOUGH OF THIS STUPID SHIT!!!!
it’s time to come down from the clouds and
start living a real life,
where people wake up in the morning and
go to sleep at night, while managing to
eat, work, shit, piss and procreate in-between,
and it is ok, it really is,
……… enough;
but eventually
it always comes back to this,
and before I know it, there I am,
bounding though forgotten forests,
howling at the top of my lungs
in hot pursuit of impossible visions
which always manage to stay
just one step out of reach;
it is enough to make you cry;
listening to some lyrics on the radio,
the thought occurs to me,
that under the right circumstances and
with enough booze and drugs mixed in,
any jerk off can write deep,
thought provoking things;
so where does that leave me?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive